The coverme.ws website (the "Website" or "CoverMe Website") and CoverMe mobile applications (the "Software" or "CoverMe Software") are owned and operated by CoverMe, Inc.("CoverMe", "us" or "we"). It is CoverMe's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites and CoverMe Software.
(1) Like most website operators, CoverMe collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. CoverMe's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how CoverMe's visitors use its website. From time to time, CoverMe may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
(2) CoverMe also collects potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and email addresses from users who post feedback or report an issue on its website.
(3) CoverMe collects cellular telephone information such as the mobile device ID, device name, OS name and version and IP address to make certain CoverMe functions work.
(4) When you use CoverMe to send a multimedia message (such as sharing a photo or sharing a video clip), an encrypted copy of the multimedia content will be cached in CoverMe servers for increased performance. The cached content will be removed after a certain period of months; CoverMe does not provide any means for you to delete the cached content manually. This encrypted content cannot be read by anyone without the decryption key so your privacy is retained throughout the life of the cached data.
(5) Calls and texts through CoverMe phone numbers are terminated or originated by third parties. Calls and texts travel through third parties networks in clear text without encryption. The third parties have rights to monitor your calls and texts. CoverMe holds the records of calls and texts through CoverMe phone numbers for a certain period of time.
(6) CoverMe may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites or CoverMe Software users. CoverMe may display this information publicly or provide it to others.
(7) Contacts information. CoverMe requires access to contacts information from your device with your permission when you choose to use contacts-related features, like when you decide to make calls, send texts to your contacts or share contact with your CoverMe friend. The contacts information will be sent off device when you share contact with your CoverMe friend. If you are concerned about the privacy of your contacts information, we recommend you do not use this feature.
(8) Location Information. CoverMe requires access to location information from your device with your permission when you share your location with your contacts. The location information will be sent off your device when you share your location with your contacts. If you are concerned about the privacy of your contacts information, we recommend you do not use this feature.
• Allow us to keep you posted on CoverMe's latest product announcements, application updates, and upcoming events.
• Help us develop, deliver, test and improve our products, and services.
• Provide personalized content and information to you and others.
• Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service.
• Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
• Diagnose or fix technology problems.
CoverMe does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
CoverMe discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to company employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that:
1.Need to know that information in order to process it on CoverMe's behalf or to provide services available at CoverMe's websites or CoverMe Software, and
2.That have agreed not to disclose it to others
Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using CoverMe's websites or CoverMe Software, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. CoverMe will not rent or sell potential or definitive personally-identifying information to anyone other than to employees, contractors and affiliated organizations as described above.
CoverMe discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when CoverMe believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of CoverMe, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of a CoverMe website and have supplied your email address, CoverMe may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with CoverMe and our products. We expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
If you are a CoverMe Software user, CoverMe may occasionally send you Push Notification to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with CoverMe and our products.
If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. CoverMe takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Business Transfers If CoverMe, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired—or in the unlikely event that CoverMe goes out of business or enters bankruptcy—user information would be one of the assets that would be transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of CoverMe may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
All CoverMe services and websites are not intended for children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use them at any time.
CoverMe does not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, CoverMe will promptly delete such personal information in a secure manner.
We may need to transfer your information to other CoverMe Groups or service providers in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA consists of countries in the European Union, Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway: they are considered to have equivalent laws when it comes to data protection and privacy. This kind of data transfer may happen if our servers (i.e. where we store data) or our suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA, or if you use our services and products while visiting countries outside this area.
If CoverMe sends your information to a country that is not in the EEA, we will make sure that your information is properly protected. We will always ensure that there is a proper legal agreement that covers the data transfer. In addition, if the country is not considered to have laws that are equivalent to EU data protection standards then we will ask the third party to enter into a legal agreement that reflects those standards.
We’ll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as we need to. We’re required by law to keep certain personal information about how you use our services for 12 months.
Below we set out details on how you can exercise your rights. If you have any additional questions, please contact us to:
Request access to information that CoverMe has about you
Correct any information that CoverMe has about you
Delete information that CoverMe has about you
Please feel free to contact us at any time: